Plant Health Care
Plant Health Care
more than 50 year’s of experience
The Air Spade: Exciting NEW Technology
The air spade is a state-of-the art excavation tool that is revolutionizing how we care for trees today. The air spade uses great volumes of compressed air to remove and break up soil—even hard clay—without damaging roots, cables or buried utility lines. The focused air stream cuts through soil quickly and with great accuracy in considerably less time than conventional digging, allowing for more efficient service.
Why Air Spade?
- Immediate visual inspection and correction of specific plant health concerns
- Quick, accurate diagnosis of plant diseases and the extent of decay without extensive root system damage
- One step aeration and soil replacement to reduce soil compaction resulting from such things as construction
- Trench with minimum disturbance of roots during utility or construction projects
- Transplant trees and shrubs without damaging the root system
- Air spading can accurately reveal the cause of declining plant health in an otherwise healthy row of trees or shrubs
Insect and Disease Management
Hundreds of insects and diseases damage leaves, stems, and branches; roots; and flowers and fruit of landscape plants. But not all insects and diseases on trees and shrubs are damaging. Some insects are actually beneficial and may help pollinate flowers or could be predators or parasites on insects that damage plants. Our technicians are trained to correctly identify these beneficial insects and mites and can devise effective management programs that protect landscape plants from serious damage while conserving beneficial organisms.
Healty plants start with good soil. Because of limited root space and poor soil conditions, trees in urban settings often require deep root fertilization. Through introducing fertilizer to your soil, we provide your trees and shrubs with the nutrients they need to prepare them for the upcoming growing season and to attain their full growth and aesthetic potential. This procedure will preserve the beauty, strength and longevity of your trees and shrubs. Well nourished trees and shrubs have better resistance to insect, disease or environmental stresses.
Our special testing instrument is used to detect and locate internal defects in trees that often can not be seen from the exterior. With the resistograph, you will get detailed information about the inside of tree by measuring the drilling resistance within the wood. The instrument works precisely and fast, and does not harm the tree.